05 October 2007

What God Says - He Will Do

Psalm 37:4
God says, "Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires."

I read that verse the night before I flew out of St. Louis to come to Philadelphia. Then, during my plane ride (when all my seatmates where asleep next to me; I was in the middle with one on either side, by the way) I spent time thinking about these words and asking God to help me understand and live them.

Well, He has helped me to delight in His purpose/plan for me, Sara and the kids to go, work in Lima as He works there. I have also learned, by His loving help, that His plan is for me to raise money and prayer support - my family and I need BOTH...neither one or the other...but BOTH to be able to go and work in Lima; and I have found my heart's desires satisfied by Him as I do this work. :)

He is good! He is faithful! He is patient and kind! His love cannot be stopped even though mine can!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jim - good to see you blogging! I'll be able to keep up with your family - would LOVE to have a video of the family :-) God Bless in your travels/trials ahead! Erin