27 December 2008

Enjoying My Relationship with God

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before - I probably haven't since I've been horrible at keeping up my blog in the last 6 months or so - but I've been reading through Emotionally Healthly Spirituality by Pete Scazzero (I'm not positive I have his last name correct, but suffice it to say he's a pastor of a church in Brooklyn, New York).

Anyway, my point is that God has really used this process to develop in my a sense of intentionally taking time at points throughout my day to stop...and just be still before the Lord...and enjoy Him, for Who He is and how He's has so lovingly treated me (and all those who are united with Jesus) with forgiveness and strength and encouragement and constant love so that I can learn to love Him and follow Him wherever He leads me.

It's really an amazing experience to be able to have the privilege of spending time with the Maker and Lord of Heaven and Earth! It really is! There is a heavenly joy there that satisfies very deeply.

God is so good!

Oh, by the way, our 1st Christmas in Lima was awesome. Sara's sister came into town and we so enjoyed meeting her at the airport, then opening gifts, then eating pancakes then, of all things, going to the beach! It will be a memorable Christmas, no doubt!

No comments: