10 March 2008

Lima is a big city. I mean, it's really big. I know that there are at least 10 million people here and growing. But, as you drive around you can see the bigness of it.

Plus, I hope I'm not being too critical here, Lima is a very dirty place. There's always dust everywhere in light of the fact that this is dessert territory. Pollution is the norm, specifically from cars. I'm still not used to that smell yet. It turns your stomach.

We have our own place now. Just moved in last Friday. It's a temporary deal while we wait for a house to open up. This is a cool place: it's two bedrooms, a big living room ("sala" in Spanish) and dining room ("comidor") combined and then a galley kitchen. Plus, we're a 1 minute walk from one of the main grocery stores in Lima: "Wong." Good location.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! A place to temporarily call your own! That's awesome! Let's get some pics to help us visualize :-) Us poor sorry saps don't have much of an imagination