08 April 2008

Playing Hookey

Is that how you spell the word? I'm not sure. But, today, Sara and I played "hookey".

Why? Because last night our family had a meltdown. It was a tough night all around for the five of us. At the time it seemed like the reasons were right in front of us: bad attitudes, laziness, failure to do what I said I was going to do, etc.

But, when we met with the Lord and our team leaders, Mark and Lori, this morning, it became evident that the reasons for our meltdown were (are) deeper than that. All five of us are feeling culture shock on some level and all of us in one way or another are feeling, "Okay. We've had a great visit here in Peru. Let's go home."

So, we're at the place where we are very aware of our NEED for Jesus to save us and pour out His love and be our strength and helper.

Thanks, Lord, for always bringing us HOPE when we want to give up all hope.

2 comments:

mikepettengill said...

only with Him...we will be praying for you

Unknown said...

This too shall pass :-) That's been a saying I think I should get tattooed on my body somewhere, because it's something I say, at times, everyday to help me realize that indeed...this too shall pass. Love you, praying for you.