26 April 2008

On Being a Missionary

Okay. So, the reality is there's no difference between serving the Lord here in Lima and in the States, my home country, when it comes to who the Lord is and who I am.

What I mean is, it seems like in order to be a missionary a Christian would have to be a super-Christian, one who really is close to Jesus and mature and strong. But, in reality, Jesus calls all of us to that whether we're in the States of overseas or wherever. It's always true that I'm weak and always need Jesus to forgive me and make me strong to be able to do anything. I will say, it's a little more intense here, than in the States because of the language/culture factor, though.

I also think that right now, I'm not completely hitting "culture shock" yet (as has been defined by others for me). I'm still in the honeymoon phase, I believe.

Sometimes I worry about when it will come and how hard it will be. But, that's not my concern today. I have things to do today, just like you do, right? So, that's all I'll concern myself with.

But, I do need to learn how to do this daily thing WITH Jesus and not on my own. I'm really good at having a time of reading the Bible and praying to Him but then the rest of the day I just do on my own. :(

Thankfully, Jesus works with me and inside me because He loves me and has changed me through His cross! And not because I am so good at being obedient (because I'm not...I have a long way to go).

No comments: