15 June 2008

Father's Day...

Well, today was quite a day. I was up in the morning with all three of my children in bed with Sara and me. They were giving me their gifts and it was great. I got some comfy slippers and a compass! I've been wanting one of those since I have a HORRIBLE sense of direction. And in a city of almost 10 million people I easily get lost. ;(

Anyway, we were over by the Pacific Ocean this afternoon ( which is only 30 minutes away on a lazy Sunday afternoon). It is so beautiful even if it is cooler in this Autumn/Winter time of year here in Lima. It's been around 15C as the low each day and around 18C as the high. Which is about 59F and 65F.

Also, we're in a new rental house that's really big. I can't believe that the Lord has given us this place. Seriously. I need to get pics up. But, it is painfully clear to me that He's given us this place (as we just begin our adventure here in Lima in the new roles we have in the Kingdom) for a Kingdom purpose. So, we begin to pray, "Lord, how do you want to use this house? Show us each day?"

The kids are doing well. Chloe is speaking spanish very well and Eli and Caroline are getting in in them but it's coming out a little slowly. Which is fine. We're here less than four months so it takes a lot of time. Their school work is a big load. They do 2 hours (sometimes more) of homework each night which includes Spanish and History in Spanish and something else too. I forget.

Okay. I'm going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Father's Day to you! Glad you are enjoying your new house - can't wait to see pics!